Prevention better than cure? – 17 SeptemberView Event Details
Registration is now open for the Prevention better than cure? workshop which takes place on Monday 17 September, 9.00-13.00.
This is the fourth in our series of NIHR Manchester BRC themed discussion and networking events. The series is designed to provide all staff and students with the opportunity to:
- Update their knowledge and skills on P4 Medicine (Predictive, Preventive, Personalised and Participatory)
- Raise awareness of the breadth of BRC activity and thereby instil a sense of identity, collegiality and a common purpose
An opportunity to discuss and develop understanding around risk factors influencing disease occurrence and re-occurrence.
The workshop will also cover the development of disease prevention intervention strategies and the complexities of human behaviour and motivation when it comes to making lifestyle changes and how this influences intervention implementation.
Learning outcomes will include:
- Demonstrating the importance of disease prevention in addition to treatment strategies when tackling disease
- Understanding the psychology behind behaviour change and the best way to implement lifestyle interventions
- Discovering some of the preventative research and action being taken in Manchester