Current diagnostic demand exceeds NHS capacity with 40,000 people per month waiting more than six weeks for a diagnostic test. Greater understanding of disease complexity and multimorbidity in the context of high deprivation, social and ethnic diversity is needed to deliver more precise diagnoses.
We will accelerate high throughput diagnostic techniques for patient benefit and evaluate new models to transform diagnostic services.
Our overall aims are:
- Identify actionable insights into disease phenotypes and trajectories in diverse populations through accelerated methodological development alongside integration of complex biological and clinical datasets
- Deliver advanced diagnostic capability across the translational cycle
Expanding capacity in platform science and building on our technology expertise will enable knowledge transfer to an expanded range of high throughput diagnostic techniques.
Our programmes of work include:
- Multidimensional data integration to improve biomarker discovery
- Data mining to advance the utility of existing diagnostic datasets
- Clinical validation of translatable diagnostic methodologies