Online Event – Researcher Showcase – Tuesday 6 December, 11am to 12.30pmView Event Details
The showcase event will be a chance to hear short presentations from a range of NIHR funded and affiliated BRC staff and students. There will also be the opportunity to ask questions and identify areas for collaboration.
Audience: The event is open to all, including staff and students engaged in, or supporting research affiliated with NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre, NIHR Manchester Clinical Research Facility, The University of Manchester, Health Innovation Manchester and any public or patients interested in these research areas.
Chair: Professor Georgina Moulton, Manchester BRC Academic Career Development Lead and Professor of Bio-Health Informatics and Education at The University of Manchester.
The programme will include:
- Jane Crosbie: Manchester BRC 2017-2022 Training and Capacity Building Overview
- Georgina Moulton: Manchester BRC 2022-2027 Training and Capacity Building Plans
- Miriam J. Smith: ‘Genome-wide association analysis identifies a susceptibility locus for sporadic vestibular schwannoma’
- Maciej Tomaszewski: ‘Adherence to antihypertensive treatment’
- John Bowes: ‘Polygenic risk scores to predict cardiovascular disease in rheumatoid arthritis and uveitis in childhood arthritis
- Sue Astley: ‘Using digital markers to predict relapse in people with severe mental health problems’
- Adam Hurlstone: ‘Reversing resistance to immune checkpoint blockade therapy’
- John Blaikley: ‘ClinCirc allows translation of chronobiology into the clinic’
Register via Eventbrite.