Rapid Translational Incubator workshop: helping you to resolve challenges with experimental trial and studiesView Event Details
This is the fifth in our series of NIHR Manchester BRC themed discussion and networking events.
The series is designed to provide all staff and students with the opportunity to:
- Update their knowledge and skills on P4 Medicine (Predictive, Preventive, Personalised and Participatory)
- Raise awareness of the breadth of BRC activity and thereby instil a sense of identity, collegiality and a common purpose
The workshop will present how the BRC Rapid Translation Incubator can support researchers and clinical trial coordinators.
Learning outcomes will include:
- Overview of the NIHR Manchester Biomedical Research Centre and the Rapid Translational Incubator, Wellcome Trust Translational Research Fellows, NIHR Manchester Clinical Research Facility and Manchester Clinical Trials Unit;
- Breakout sessions looking at the challenges, potential solutions and identifying Manchester resources to help. Sessions will include the translational pathway: pre-clinical studies, experimental medicine studies, clinical trials, studies looking at re-purposing a drug for another disease, Stratified Medicine studies and Medical devices studies;
- Case study presentations on experiences and solutions identified.