Supporting inclusive translational research – Themed discussion & networking event 21.11.19View Event Details
This highly interactive session will explore practical tools to embed an inclusive approach within translational research across the research cycle, including research design and delivery, dissemination, recruitment, public and patient engagement and involvement.
Participation, Engagement & Involvement
Audience: Staff and students engaged in or supporting all P4 medicine research affiliated with the BRC, CRF, The University of Manchester and/or Health Innovation Manchester.
Public contributors are welcome – please contact us as bursaries are available to cover travel costs within GM.
The BRC Themed Discussion and Networking Events are designed to provide all staff and students with:
- The opportunity to update their knowledge and skills on P4 Medicine (Predictive, Preventive, Personalised and Participatory)
- The opportunity to raise awareness of the breadth of BRC activity and thereby instil a sense of identity, collegiality and a common purpose
The session will be highly interactive and structured around presentations and parallel workshops.
- Understanding the importance and relevance of inclusive research in national and local contexts
- Have a greater understanding of how to embed diversity and inclusion practices throughout the research cycle
- Increasing their own confidence and inclusive capabilities by using resources such as tools and models
- Learn from practical case studies and hear from our public contributors / specialist advisory group
- Understand how the Public Programmes team supports inclusive research and public involvement.
- 9:00-9:30 – Registration, tea & coffee
- 9:30-10:30 – Introduction, presentations and Q&A with NIHR INVOLVE, Manchester BRC & CRF public engagement practitioners, researchers and public contributors
- 10:30-10:45 – Refreshment break
- 10:45-12:30 – Energiser, group work and discussions
- 12:30-13:00 – Lunch & networking
Royal College of Physicians CPD applied for.
BRC Training Coordinator
+44 (0)161 275 554