Public and patient involvement and engagement
Public and patient activities include Combat My Cough events for patients with chronic cough and their relatives and events for participants and families from the Manchester Asthma and Allergy Study.
We also provide a range of information and support services for patients with Aspergillus infection:
- NAC Patients support seven patient groups throughout the country. Monthly patient meetings are held at UHSM and streamed online
- The provision of live and recorded online events held by the National Aspergillosis Centre, happening on a monthly basis (over 54,000 views) – that provide several means of support including factual and social – has provided a focus for patients and their carers
- Facebook pages for Aspergillus and Aspergillosis and Patient Support
- Twitter (@AspergillusWeb)
- Active online discussion communities at Yahoo, Facebook and NHS Choices