Our enabling infrastructure
Our research is supported by a strong research infrastructure across Greater Manchester, as well as linking in with regional and national networks to help strengthen our work and translational pathway.
NIHR infrastructure provides the support and facilities to help us deliver first-class research.
Regional and national networks
We are part of a number of regional and national networks and partnerships involved in driving the discovery, development and delivery of medical research to improve health and wellbeing.
- Greater Manchester Cancer Vanguard
- Greater Manchester Connected Health Cities
- Greater Manchester Health and Social Care Partnership
- Health Innovation Manchester
- Manchester Science Partnerships
- MRC North West Hub for Trials Methodology Research
- Northern Health Science Alliance
- UK Biobank
Our informatics networks help us harness data to improve patient and public health through our research.
Our infrastructure provides shared facilities, platforms and technologies across four NHS Trusts and The University of Manchester, to underpin development of new tests, treatments, devices and preventative measures for Greater Manchester and beyond.
- Arthritis Research UK Centre for Epidemiology
- Arthritis Research UK Centre for Genetics and Genomics
- Barnes Clinical Research Facility
- Cancer Research UK Lung Cancer Centre of Excellence
- Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute
- Centre for Biostatistics at Manchester
- Dalton Institute
- Manchester Cancer Research Centre
- Manchester Centre for Biomarker Sciences
- Manchester Centre for Genomic Medicine
- Manchester Collaborative Centre for Inflammation Research
- Manchester Molecular Pathology Innovation Centre
- Manchester Precision Medicine Institute
- North West Lung Centre
- Proton Therapy Centre
- The Richard Ramsden Centre for Auditory Implants
- Single Cell Centre
- Stoller Biomarker Discovery Centre
- Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Matrix Research
- Wolfson Medical Imaging Centre